Thursday, January 16, 2014

Avacado Dream Smoothie

Avocado Dream Smoothie

Green smoothies are my new go to breakfast item. They can be made the night before, eaten on the way to work and get your nutrition off on the right foot for the day!

I rarely make the same smoothie twice. My decision making process is normally dependent on what is in the fridge and what veggies need used.  Yesterday, I found a keeper and I call it the "Avocado Dream".  I use my magic bullet to whip these up and it takes about 5 minutes from start to finish.  They are loaded with veggie, smooth and airy.  Give it a try!

Ingredients:

-1/2 an avocado

-1/2 a frozen banana

-1/2 a cup of pineapple chunks(and juice) 

-Handful of spinach

Directions:

1) Place the spinach in the magic bullet, add just enough water to puree the spinach. You could use coconut water here if you want some added sweetness.

2) Add the avocado, banana, and pineapple chunks. Blend until smooth, add additional water if necessary

Now this smoothy isn't very sweet but I don't think it really needs any added sweetener.  The pineapple does a great job of masking the flavor of the spinach and the avocado creates a smooth and rich texture. However, if you prefer something sweeter, try adding a tablespoon of honey or agave nectar.

Let me know what you think! What will your next green smoothie include?

No comments:

Post a Comment